More than 90 percent of Angie’s List members responding to a New Year’s Eve week survey plan to invest in improving their home in 2010. Some are planning major work and some are planning to update their homes in preparation for sale.
I’m really encouraged by these survey results because 2009 was a rocky year for a lot of people. But our members see the value in maintaining their homes, which are for most of us our biggest asset.
So here’s to a great and productive 2010 – if you’re among those planning projects, don’t forget to do your research, and please take the time to check your local trade licensing
laws and hire providers who follow them. You’ll be better off in the end.
If you need a reminder, be sure to watch for your Angie’s List magazine or to check the magazine site to find out the best and worst contractors
of 2009 – it’s always a startling read….
Oh, the details from our member survey! We allowed members to opt for more than one project, and a lot of folks are planning multiple projects:
- 57 percent plan to focus on improving the interior of their homes.
- 40 percent plan to focus on improving the landscaping/yard of their homes.
- 35 percent are going to do more routine maintenance.
- 25 percent are going to tackle larger projects.
- 23 percent are going to focus on the exterior of the home.
- 13 percent are going to prepare their home for sale.
- 7 percent have no plans.
- 5 percent have other plans not listed.